Drone footage shows snow blanketing Greater Cincinnati.
The Enquirer/Carrie Cochran & Sam Greene
Updated 10:30 p.m. Sunday.
Watch for scattered snow (mixed with rain at times) Sunday afternoon and evening.
A Winter Weather Advisory is in play until Monday around 1 a.m.
Generally, 1-2 inches of snow is expected. Areas along and south of the river will receive less than an inch.
Watch for slick spots and hazardous conditions when traveling home from Super Bowl festivities.
High pressure will slide into the region Monday and provide not only a chilly start to the day but sunshine as well. After a cold start Monday morning in the mid-teens, expect afternoon highs in the low 30s.
After a chance of flurries or light snow Monday night, the next weather maker moves into the area Tuesday night. This is a very potent system with the potential for accumulating snow Tuesday night into Wednesday.
The end of the week looks quiet but showers move in next weekend.
Tonight, decreasing clouds, breezy conditions and low temperatures are in the forecast. Winds will gust as high as 30 mph.
Dry conditions are expected Monday afternoon. However, we have another round of rain and snow in the forecast Monday night into Tuesday.
Also, low pressure will bring snow to the region Tuesday night into Wednesday.
Here’s the extended forecast from the National Weather Service:
- Tonight: Snow showers likely, mainly before 9 p.m. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Northwest wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Monday night: A chance of snow, mainly between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Tuesday night: Rain and snow likely between 8 p.m. and midnight, then snow. Low around 27. Northeast wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Wednesday: Snow likely, possibly mixing with rain after 11 a.m., then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
Enquirer media partner Fox19 contributed to this report.
Read or Share this story: http://cin.ci/2GNDtRM
This news collected from :Source link